Telepresence has Arrived!
The new immersive Telepresence room represents an evolution in quality of service and its provision to students, as well as to stakeholders in the field of Health at the University of Ottawa.
Funding for the room’s equipment was donated by Health Canada, within the scope of the CNFS (Consortium national de formation en santé) project. The University has been a part of this project for almost 10 years.
This new room is an incredible asset for the entire University community:
- Access to the room is neither restricted nor exclusive: it will be open to the entire University community.
- The room’s configuration is suitable for multiple purposes (small group courses, including graduate and post-graduate courses, thesis defences , meetings amongst researchers, Coop student interviews, business meetings, etc.).
The image below gives you a peek at the room’s setup and design.
Immersive Telepresence equipment is the essence of cutting-edge technology. The University of Ottawa is the second university in Canada to acquire this equipment, which will without a doubt enrich the student experience. When our graduates enter the job market, their familiarity with this technology will set them apart from graduates of other institutions.
Some Interesting Facts :
- The equipment in this room is an integral part of the University’s videoconferencing infrastructure;
- The University will soon boast over 96 videoconferencing rooms;
- This equipment allows us to reach our students in HD videoconference mode, no matter where they may be (on the job, at home, in an internship etc.).